SeaGel® technology is a plant-based alternative to gelatin in the production of soft capsules. Naturally derived from non-animal sources, our SeaGel® technology is easy to use, versatile and proven effective. It maintains structural integrity under high temperatures and can deliver a pure, superior quality product, time after time.
- Addresses the needs of vegetarians and vegans who are opposed to ingesting gelatin-based soft capsules, as the shell is based on seaweed extract.
- Enabling non-GMO, vegan, vegetarian, Halal, Kosher and ‘clean label’ designations.
- Adaptable to many capsule brand strategies, including allowing for different capsule colors, shapes and printing.
- Easily adjustable to existing gelatin operations, so it requires minimum capital investment to implement.
- Enables efficient processing, outstanding quality, superior sealing performance and reduced leakage compared to alternative vegetarian systems.
With You Throughout the Process
DuPont experts can help throughout the adaptation process to successfully make SeaGel®-based vegetarian capsules. Using our SeaGel® technology in-house enables you to meet your specifications, supported by the experience and expertise of DuPont. We’ll provide the technology but also familiarize you with any equipment changes and guide you through installation and adoption so you benefit throughout the process.
Learn more about the benefits of this technology and the three simple ingredients it takes to make a SeaGel®-based capsule in the Brochure Download below.