What is it?
WALOCEL™ C is highly purified sodium carboxymethyl cellulose. With a purity of 99.5 percent, WALOCEL™ C meets the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph.Eur. or EP) and United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) regulatory requirements for use in pharmaceutical applications.
What is it used for?
- Solid dosage forms: capsules, solid-particle powders, granules and pellets, tablets and coated tablets
- Semi-solid dosage forms: ointments, creams, gels, pastes
- Liquid-dosage forms: solutions, suspensions, emulsions
- Wound care and self-adhesive ostomy
- Highly soluble in water at all temperatures, offering clear solutions and various viscosities
- Low batch-to-batch variation in chemical and physical characteristics
- Practically free of odor and taste; non-caloric
- Compatible with most of the common active ingredients and excipients; however, as an anionic polymer, it may formcomplexes with gelatin and pectin
- Excellent water-binding capacity
- Forms crystal clear films that are resistant to oil, fat and organic solvents